Entomology Youth Summer Camps at UC Riverside
Become an entomologist this summer at one of the best universities for Entomology in the world. The Entomology Graduate Student Association at UC Riverside is eager to inspire and provide unique opportunities for young, curious minds to explore the science of Entomology. Register soon for a summer of fun and wonder!
Camp Programs by Grade Level:
Exploring Careers in Entomology Summer Camp - Enrollment Open
For students entering grades 9, 10, and 11 in Fall 2023
Explore careers on a whole new level! Make connections with researchers and educators, experience science with hands-on experiments, and engage in entomology with creative outlets alongside UCR entomologists. Topics will cover a variety of fields to engage curious minds in insect biodiversity, molecular biology, urban entomology, agriculture, art, and more.
Let your curiosity and creativity shine at EGSA's fourth annual Summer Camp.
- Camp Dates: June 19-23, 2023
- Time: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Enrollment is open for 12 students
- Cost of tuition: $300
- Receive a t-shirt and insect-collecting kit
- Please note that the camp will not provide food to students
Financial aid available!
We strive to make entomology accessible to as many students as possible and don't want the cost of tuition to be a barrier to attending this educational opportunity. InsectaBio and the Entomology Graduate Student Association are offering a limited number of need-based sponsorships. Eligible participants can find application information here.
Sponsorship applications are due Friday, May 5th, and applicants will be notified of their acceptance by May 15th.
Junior Entomologist Summer Camp - Cancelled for Summer 2023
For students entering grades 4 and 5
Open your eyes to the fun, wonder, and versatility of insects and the science of entomology at our world-renowned department. Make an insect collection, conduct an experiment, listen to a variety of guest speakers, interact with live insects, and explore insect habitats! Kids entering fourth or fifth grade are eligible.
- "My daughter is a super bug lover and we brought her to whatever insect fair and class we could find not too far from us. The UCR camp is by far the best one among all from all perspectives (We choose by content - whether the class will dive deep into entomology topics, professionalism - will the educators be well qualified, indoor / outdoor balance, academic environment exposure - we'd like kids to learn how real scientists will conduct research, etc.) This is also her favourite one." - a parent's anonymous evaluation (2022)
- "After the very first day of camp, when I picked him up, he said to me, ‘ mom, it’s confirmed! I know what I want to be when I grow up! I want to be an entomological biologist when I grow up!’ ...He himself was sad that it ended and he told me that he wished he could do it for [the] rest of the summer!" - a parent's anonymous evaluation (2022)
2023 Registration Forms
Email the following to email@example.com:
Questions? Contact Stephanie (firstname.lastname@example.org)